Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I ate the turkey!

I am officially in my second trimester! I am so thrilled that I was able to get here without any morning sickness. Now I understand why my mother had four kids! I hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving. I spent the weekend doing a little shopping for the nursery, spending time with family, eating, sleeping, went to my 12 week ultrasound, and umm eating! Some of my purchases include an awesome modern gray owl, sheep skin rug to put in front of the crib, some gender neutral baby clothes, and a white, blue, and coral picture frame from my sister (which is now my muse for the nursery). My idea for now is that boy or girl gray, white, and navy blue will be the colors. If its a boy we will then add pops of lighter blues. If its a girl we will add pops of coral. And we will know which colors to start shopping for on DECEMBER 18TH!!!! Our doctor agreed to telling us a month early so we could know before Christmas. I am counting down the days. Everyday I'm daydreaming about, "Is my adorable niece, Stella, going to have a girl or boy cousin?!" Sven and I have decided to throw a gender revealing party to share the news with everyone.

I did take a 12 week picture, but I apologize for the gruesomeness. It was so late at night and I was leaving the next day for Atlanta. I can't believe the difference from this picture and 2 weeks ago! You would have thought I ate the entire turkey.


2 comments:

  1. Sammy your blog is awesome!! I have a few questions for you!! First, where did you get the chalkboard or did you make it?? I love how it's long and thin! So cool! also, I have a question about your blog~ I love how you have your instagram to the side and the links to your facebook, pinterest and esty. how did you do that? PS this is the background I had for forever before I made mine festive for the holidays! It's my favorite! You are a great little blogger and you're going to be a great momma!! You look beautiful and I can't wait to see that belly grow! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, I'm so excited you like the blog. It's a scary, but fun project to put your words out there. Well to answer your questions, I made the chalkboard. It was originally a mirror that I found at an antique store. I then spray painted it with chalkboard paint and the frame white. I would recommend painting with a can of chalkboard paint and brush instead of the spray. I've read it works better. Mine works great, but I had to get sidewalk chalk so it would show up better. As for the links on the side. Once you have set up your blog, you go to layout, then click add gadget and then choose link list and go from there! Good luck.

      Delete